DATA PRIVACY NOTICE
The Parochial Church Council (PCC) of St Mary the Virgin, Wendens Ambo
- Your personal data – what is it?
Personal data relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data. Identification can be by the information alone or in conjunction with any other information in the data controller’s possession or likely to come into such possession. The processing of personal data is governed by the General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”).
- Who are we?
The PCC of St Mary the Virgin, Wendens Ambo is the data controller (contact details below). This means it decides how your personal data is processed and for what purposes.
- How do we process your personal data?
The PCC of St Mary the Virgin, Wendens Ambo complies with its obligations under the “GDPR” by keeping personal data up to date; by storing and destroying it securely; by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data; by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data.
We use your personal data for the following purposes: –
- To enable us to provide a voluntary service for the benefit of the public in a particular geographical area as specified in our constitution;
- To administer membership records;
- To fundraise and promote the interests of the charity;
- To manage our volunteers;
- To maintain our own accounts and records (including the processing of gift aid applications);
- To inform you of news, events, activities and services running at St Mary the Virgin;
- To share your contact details with the Diocesan office so they can keep you informed about news in the diocese and events, activities and services that will be occurring in the diocese and in which you may be interested.
- What is the legal basis for processing your personal data?
- Explicit consent of the data subject so that we can keep you informed about news, events, activities and services and keep you informed about diocesan events.
- Processing is necessary for carrying out legal obligations in relation to Gift Aid or under employment, social security or social protection law, or a collective agreement;
- Processing is carried out by a not-for-profit body with a political, philosophical, religious or trade union aim provided: –
- the processing relates only to members or former members (or those who have regular contact with it in connection with those purposes); and
- there is no disclosure to a third party without consent.
- Sharing your personal data
Your personal data will be treated as strictly confidential and will only be shared with other members of the church in order to carry out a service to other church members or for purposes connected with the church. We will only share your data with third parties outside of the parish with your consent.
- How long do we keep your personal data?
We keep data in accordance with the guidance set out in the guide “Keep or Bin: Care of Your Parish Records” which is available from the Church of England website [see footnote for link].
Specifically, we retain electoral roll data while it is still current; gift aid declarations and associated paperwork for up to 6 years after the calendar year to which they relate; and parish registers (baptisms, marriages, funerals) permanently.
- Your rights and your personal data
Unless subject to an exemption under the GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data: –
- The right to request a copy of your personal data which the PCC of St Mary the Virgin, Wendens Ambo holds about you;
- The right to request that the PCC of St Mary the Virgin, Wendens Ambo corrects any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
- The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary for the PCC of St Mary the Virgin, Wendens Ambo to retain such data;
- The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time
- The right to request that the data controller provide the data subject with his/her personal data and where possible, to transmit that data directly to another data controller, (known as the right to data portability), (where applicable
- The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing;
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office.
- Further processing
If we wish to use your personal data for a new purpose, not covered by this Data Protection Notice, then we will provide you with a new notice explaining this new use prior to commencing the processing and setting out the relevant purposes and processing conditions. Where and whenever necessary, we will seek your prior consent to the new processing.
- Contact Details
To exercise all relevant rights, queries of complaints please in the first instance contact the Data Protection Co-ordinator:
David Beechey of Touchwood House, Wendens Ambo, Saffron Walden CB11 4JX
You can contact the Information Commissioners Office on 0303 123 1113 or via email https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/email/ or at the Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire. SK9 5AF.
10.1 A cookie is a file containing an identifier (a string of letters and numbers) that is sent by a web server to a web browser and is stored by the browser. The identifier is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server.
10.2 Cookies may be either “persistent” cookies or “session” cookies: a persistent cookie will be stored by a web browser and will remain valid until its set expiry date, unless deleted by the user before the expiry date; a session cookie, on the other hand, will expire at the end of the user session, when the web browser is closed.
10.3 Cookies do not typically contain any information that personally identifies a user, but personal information that we store about you may be linked to the information stored in and obtained from cookies.
11.Cookies that we use
12.Cookies used by our service providers
13.1 Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies and to delete cookies. The methods for doing so vary from browser to browser, and from version to version. You can however obtain up-to-date information about blocking and deleting cookies via these links:
(a) https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647 (Chrome);
(d) https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies (Internet Explorer);
(e) https://support.apple.com/kb/PH21411 (Safari); and
13.2 Blocking all cookies will have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites.
13.3 If you block cookies, you will not be able to use all the features on our website.
14.1 This website is owned and managed by the Parochial Church Council (PCC) of St Mary the Virgin, Wendens Ambo and operated by LeicesterPhoto LTD
14.2 You can contact us:
(a) by post, to St Mary the Virgin, Wendens Ambo, Saffron Walden CB11 4JZ
(b) using our website contact form;
(c) by telephone, on the contact number published on our website;
(d) by email, using the email address published on our website.
The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by the PCC of St Mary the Virgin, Wendens Ambo and while we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.
Through this website you are able to link to other websites which are not under the control of the PCC of St Mary the Virgin, Wendens Ambo. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.
Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, the PCC of St Mary the Virgin, Wendens Ambo takes no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.
This website and its content are copyright of LeicesterPhoto LTD. All rights reserved.
Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited other than the following:
- you may print or download to a local hard disk extracts for your personal and non-commercial use only
- you may copy the content to individual third parties for their personal use, but only if you acknowledge the website as the source of the material
You may not, except with our express written permission, distribute or commercially exploit the content. Nor may you transmit it or store it in any other website or other form of electronic retrieval system.
 Details about retention periods can currently be found in the Record Management Guides located on the Church of England website at: – https://www.churchofengland.org/more/libraries-and-archives/records-management-guides